- Remember when you are cooking to use two separate sets of plates and utensils, one set for handling the raw meat and one to use once the meat is cooked and ready to be served.
- Always grill meat that is totally thawed.
- Trim extra fat away to help cut down on flare-ups.
- Don’t use sauces that contain a lot of sugar while grilling. Brush them on at the end to prevent burning.
- Don’t use a spatula to smash hamburger patties while they are cooking. This dries the meat out, and makes the liquid fat drop into the flames and form flare-ups.
Have a great Canada Day and enjoy your barbecue!!